Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Do I wear boxers or briefs?

Depends.




I'm 20. I hear that's old.
Turns out, I had the best birthday I can remember. Not just that day, but the whole week in general. It was a good one. Meg, Kelly and I attended the first three days of the Uncle Fest Tour and that was a blast. I can't remember everything that happened but I do remember a limerick a homeless guy once said.
"Whats the opposite of a hard road a ho"
"Row Row Row your boat."

If you are as confused as I was, don't worry. I never got it. But a few seconds later, the same dude was arrested so it probably wasn't that good anyway.

Back to the show, it's probably the best set list as a whole, that I've ever seen. So solid. House of Heroes was also a highlight of the tour. Their set is pretty rad.

I've pretty much decided to drop out of school next semester. Scorn me crowd, scorn me. I don't care. I don't think a piece of paper that maybe gives me some sense of 'security' is worth being miserable. God knows, it's killing me. I have no idea what I'm going to do, but school won't be it.

In the past two weeks, Anberlin, House of Heroes, and Jack's Mannequin all released albums. I advise everyone to pick up a copy of each. They will all be making my top 10 of the year and HOH will probably take the top spot.

So dang good.



(I wear boxer-briefs.)

9 comments:

Janna said...

um excuse me ..you forgot your first birthday party which was great too :D

Anonymous said...

I hear tell the cupcake party was especially grand ;)

meg said...

that is not how the limerick went...

lexidoodleellis said...

oh my. i am at school.. and im pretty sure people gave me some funny looks when i read that first part and started laughing...

I just picked up anberlin and jacks mannequin cds yesterday nad i am lovvingg them. I hear ya'll talking about this band house of heroes.. so i suppose i should pick it up as well.

i dont know how i feel about the school thing.. but my guess is just like anything else.. God has it in his plan for some people to go to college and others not to...

im having a crazy tough time right now trying to decide what my "life" will be spent doing or whatever...

just know im praying for you in whatever you do.

on a lighter note... its those homeless guys who always have the good life changing riddles and useless facts stored in thier brainsss..

it was, in fact, a homeless bum who informed me that my city is the first city burger king was from... most of that guys riddles though were a bit dirty.

but anyways. yeah. thats the end of this comment

alexis

Kelly said...

yea, thats definitely not how it went.

Spring will be UH-mazing

AE said...

lol ryne. so why did you feel like sharing underwear choices?
so no school huh? Is it forever or just for a semester? I'm all about going to school but yeah i took a semester off and it was a good thing to do.

Nina said...

that guy sounds creepy, lol
i'm happy that you had a spiffy-nifty-snazzy birthday ^^
[i couldn't decide which word to use, so i thought i'd use them all]

i hope i get some money soon so i can buy HOH new one.. *can't wait*

... :D!!!

Kelly said...

well thanks...


yea, i'm really thinking about moving back to WI, at least for the spring. It would just be so much easier to go to shows

Fear is a lonely man. said...

well i'm glad you had a great birthday.
that's always awesome.
that joke...uh yeah.
and yeah, i understand you dropping out.
my dad managed to squeeze 2 years into 5 (no, that wasn't a typo) and still didn't get any sort of degree.
it's not for everyone. it's all good.
have a nice day :)