Thursday, November 15, 2007

DanceBlogDance

Tuesday, the DanceRawrDance crew rolled into Charlotte to make a quick stop at Amos'.
I was ever so delighted.
The Secret Handshake.
Jonezetta.
Family Force 5.
All in one show. Say what?

Needless to say or describe or inform you this show was incredible.
The best show Ive been to this year only behind The Appetite for Construction Show in Atlanta (but really, come on).

We got to the venue 6 hours early because Amos' usually fills up quick but apparently things are different on a school day. We got there at 145. The next people in line behind us arrived at 6. Obviously, during those 4 hours, I had to do my best as line monitor and keep the kids from pushing and/or breaking.
Needless to say we were front and center. The show started with Luis and Co. (tsh for those of you who dont know...) and I'm about 98 percent positive Im the only person there that knew any lyrics he had ever written. I sang as loud as possible. Ask the girl who was beside me. She gave me the wtf! look many, many times.
Next was Jonezetta and I knew they were going to be great. In my opinion, their cd is nearly flawless (minus communicate). In the middle of their set, my friend passed out so I had to get out for a minute but quickly made my way back to the front after reviving her with my water throwing abilities.
Finally, FF5 came on and it was INSANE. Everyone pushed up to the front and I was crammed against the barrier. I always feel at home when i cant move well, am sweating uncontrolably, have one arm in the air to stabilize myself and dance and the other snapping as many pictures as my batteries will allow. Check em out at flickr.com because some of them are pretty sickkkk.
I would post them here but I dont know how yet and Chris isnt online so i have no means of finding out anytime soon. FF5 lineup was the best Ive seen as they played Business Up Front, Party in the Back almost in its entirety.
After the show, I talked to Luis and Jonezetta but the line for FF5 was wayyyyy too long and we had to be back by 12.

Pathetically, I can't quit pre-planning next year and all the shows I'm going to.
As all of you (or maybe none of you) know, next year is The Year of Relient K as deemed by me. My goal is 20 shows for the entire year. Including spring tour, summer festivals and random shows, and fall tour. The least I will settle for is 10 (this being if they choose to not do a spring tour or fall tour.) However, there are a ton of other bands I want to see including, but not limited to FF5, Jonezetta, TSH, The Rocket Summer, Eleventyseven, Sherwood, and a few others.
But I should probably get back to the present and immediate future.
School. Work. Boring.
However, Minnesota is almost exactly one month away and I think we can all agree thats something to look forward to.

Certainly.

6 comments:

meg said...

dancerawrdance was so much fun!
so glad i got to go and party!!
ughalgkjadf! oh well.

as for next year, less then 10
relient k shows is unacceptable.

Kelly said...

Yea, Im pretty sure I wont be able to settle for anything less than like 15 shows next year. Its a drug

Glad you had a good time, FF5 is wicked awesome.

Anonymous said...

Soooooooooooooooooo close yet so far away

AE said...

Yay for shows! They give us the highlights in life! I wish I could say I'll go to many shows..but ahh I can't as of now.

lexidoodleellis said...

ommmggggg


it sounds like a blasstttttttt

ughhh

we had a party at our house that day and it was sold outtttt when they came last friday! :[

haha im listening to TSH right now

ive really been diggin thier music lately

but yessss nexxttt yearr i know it!

ill be able to drive!

it'll be awesomee!

we'll go to a show togetherrr :]!!!

alexis

Tiffany said...

im pretty sure...
that your friend
you know..
the passed out one
has a name...
=P