Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Simplicity of Complexity.

Ive been thinking about this blog for a few days. I know that sounds lame, but it's mostly because it is. The main reason I think I put so much thought into it is because it means a lot to me. It's not a pointless post about pointless plans. So here it is...ahem...

"But He's already made it plain how to live, what to do;
what God is looking for in men and women.
It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don't take yourself too seriously-
take God seriously."
Micah 6:8

I've come to understand that sometimes I'm nothing but hypocrisy, but honestly I'm trying to change for the better. Too often I let this feeling of betrayal and self-preaching consume me, but the truth of the matter is I take myself way too seriously. I'm not really that important. It's what I did that's going to make define me but the better version of myself I can strive to become.
This isn't a boastful post, or preachy in any form, it's just something I'm struggling with and I need to talk out with my conscious.



On another note, the AP Tour was terrible.
Luckily, there's this little band called The Rocket Summer.....

Until next time.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

the ending didn't exactly work with the rest of your post..

haha..

just trying to help, buddy.

lexidoodleellis said...

i like when people take time to think of what they write..

it makes the reader think about what they read...

i enjoy your blog

alexis

AE said...

haaaaa. sometimes i think about something i should blog.. but I procrastinate it for a while and then I finally get it done.

that was a really really good verse. I love it.

btw.. it has come to my attention that you like awesomeness too much. ;]

Jess :]] said...

Writing always seems to help one think things through.
At least I've noticed that.


Also, I agree. TRS saved the tour from total suckage. :)