Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Get A Life.

Since about 4 this afternoon, I've been at home with nothing to do. And during the past say 6 hours, I've tried to fill my night's worth of time off, with absolutely anything. For about an hour, i sat on the computer and revisited the same sites over and over. After that, I walked into the living room, stared out the window expecting something out of the ordinary to happen. You can probably assume nothing did. I then came back in my room and alternated between revisiting those same sites, and watching FOUR episodes of Family Guy. Now, as I sit here, blogging and watching reruns of the Office (which I guess isn't completely pointless) I started to get this overwhelming feeling of shame. I started to pray that I stop wasting my time like i so often do, by filling it with stuff that will never matter. I'm sure that God has kept me breathing for other reasons than simply waiting to die. Sometimes, I can be a ridiculous excuse for anything. Or nothing.

2 comments:

Christi said...

Oh gosh. I do that a lot. Visit sites over and over. Watch tv. Stare out the window. Nothing that really means anything at all in the grand scheme of things. Just a pointless waste of time.
I haven't really thought about this in a while. I did a few months ago and I'd gotten better...but I've fallen back into my old habits.
"I just wanna get mugged at knife point to get cut enough to wake me up 'cause I know that I don't wanna die sitting around watching my life go by..."
Whoa. Thanks for posting this blog. This is definitely an area that I need to start working on.

Et tu, tutu? said...

I'm totally the same way. x_x

Oh by the way hope you don't mind random people commenting on your old blog posts. ;]

-Lindsey