Monday, January 5, 2009

Rinse and Repeat.

Oh...the irony!
I was going to focus on You but I got distracted on me.
Tangled up, in what I convince myself is a life. What I long to make real and important, tangible.

Oh...the blasphemy!
I scream I'm for you, but I think my name is better.
You are the King, but I am more suited for the throne,
of lies and lust, and a humanity lost.
Blindly, I lead.

Oh...the pity!
And to think, I almost thought of someone else, but more important events have unfolded.
Sources say, contact has been made. Others are trying to reach me.
So for now, You will just have to wait, my pointless words could occupy a lifetime.

Oh...the mercy!
You show me, and I can't fathom why. For a life I deny You and You only bleed grace.
Could this love have no end?
I have tested its extremities yet never find its bounds.
Lead me, consume me, swallow me whole.
Leave nothing behind, no trace of my former self for it is me that continues this disastrous cycle.

2 comments:

CT said...

I feel you, man. We all fall, or at least I know I do. Like you said though. There's mercy. And there will always be mercy. Hang in there.

AE said...

who's song is it?