Friday, January 9, 2009

The War Rages On.

I'm sure of the cause and I'm sure of the casualties.
I'm only unsure of why I am still fighting.

The struggle is eternal, that I know.
But for an eternity will I struggle with the same old foes?
The light is there, but shrouded in the dark.
Its' source still strong, its' carrier not.

Constantly, I ponder what I should be doing or what makes a day meaningful.
And in the process become oblivious to living at all.
The distraction is everywhere, even inside me.
In battle with the fraction of good that longs to be free.

Yes, the cost of freedom has always been high,
But freedom from oneself is set at the ultimate price.
To deny oneself and give up all rights,
And in the mystery of how He works, that is how we find life.

4 comments:

lexidoodleellis said...

I like this...

sjaarnaeh said...

Me too. I wish I could write like that...

CT said...

Digging the writing a lot. And I'm praying for you. Fight on, dude.

AE said...

Nice writing Ryne!
wait so you wrote the previous post too?