Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The Aftermath and All Things Finished

After months of planning, saving money, etc. the Orlando trip is complete. Rock The Universe turned out to be just as awesome as I thought it would be. But well get back to that later...
Even though the parks at Universal Studios dont have many rides, the few they have are really good (with the exception of one or two). In Islands of Adventure we rode every ride at least 21 times, including The Hulk. The 2nd time we rode, Erin and I sat in the front. Not only because the front was amazing but because im pretty sure I sat in the same seat Ellen did for her show a few months back. Which was as fun as it sounds. I got frustrated more than once with some of my pals but in the end, everything worked out for the greater good. Universal studios rides are more of just 'okay' because most are just simulations based on movies. However, the revenge of the mummy defies said generalization. It was probably the best ride we rode while we were at both parks. Now I'm just kind of rambling because I havent blogged in such a long time that I feel like this one should be climactic.
Anywho, back to the shows. Though we were minus one Soul Glow Activatur Family Force 5 still put on an amazing show as my dancing shoes were put to the test. But it was the second night that really made the 9 hr drive worthwhile. Of course, this is somewhat predictable seeing as how Relient K was in fact headlining. Then add tobyMac to the mix and you have yourself one eye-popping, head-bangning, two-step danceoff of a show. We waited in the rain for a few hrs, myself without an umbrella because and i quote "i was told to bring one!!!". Needless to say, I was completely drenched. All in all, the rain along with a good group of people, and two of my favorite artists at the top of their game combined to be one of the best shows I've ever been to.
In 11 days, we do it all over again at Carowinds with basically the same lineup. Oh boy. As amazing as these shows are, i do miss small venues where you get to hang with the bands for a little while. I know i want get that on the upcoming Appetite for Construction Tour either of which i have four different shows im going to see. I'm sure for the spring tour RK will be back to more modest size venues and we will all talk and play boggle. Speaking of smaller venues, the Dance Rawr Dance tour is coming to Amos' in about 2 months and I want to let everyone know that the contest for said show is cancelled. I have already won. Bus party and all. Okay, so not yet. But soon. And what a grand time it will be.
This blog is lame.
It took a weeks worth of my life to feel up a few paragraphs.
Pathetic.

4 comments:

AE said...

ahh lucky! I wish I could enjoy rides..sadly I dont.
Dancing to rk under the rain sounds fun...I shall try it sometime.

CT said...

Again.
Why don't I live in the Carolinas?
Good luck on the contest.
Party with Soul Glow, you shall.

Kelly said...

So, how exactly did FF5 pull that one off ??

The mummy ride is pretty much awesome, I got to ride it before it was even open, they were testing it a couple years ago when I was there

Good luck with the contest!

Anonymous said...

Man-- I *so* wish I could have been there to see that!